Uses of your personal information
The primary purpose for which EWU is collecting your personal information is to provide you with ticketing services such as to process any ticket or other purchase you may have made with us, and to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets.
You agree that we may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes including to:
- get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours, and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- manage your dealings with us as a EWU member;
- allow venue operators, authorised ticket on-sellers and promoters of events for which you purchase tickets to use it for operational purposes and, with your consent, marketing and promotional purposes;
- to allow sponsors, sporting clubs, authorised ticket on-sellers and re-sellers of events for which you purchase tickets to use it for operational purposes only, for example, to provide you with additional information about the event or venue that you are attending;
- for business research and development of new products and services, including for EWU members and our business clients
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends
- display content and advertising (including in relation to tickets and events) that is customised to your interests, preferences & experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching, and market segmentation activities.
- send marketing and promotional material about our products and/or services (or the products and/or services of our Related Bodies Corporate) that we believe you may be interested in;
- engage in marketing services in connection with the product and services we provide;
- fulfil purposes otherwise required/permitted by law (including the Privacy Act); and
If you don’t provide us with the personal information requested or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this could impact the level of service we are able to provide to you. For example we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change.
Disclosures of your personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to the following organisations for the purposes described above (as well as otherwise permitted or required under Australian law):
Disclosures of your personal information to overseas recipients
- to venue operators
- to promoters of events for which you purchase tickets
- to sponsors, sporting clubs, authorised ticket onsellers and resellers
- to other Core Techno Pty Ltd group companies and their contractors
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business
- to Government bodies/instrumentalities or the Seller, in response to, or in anticipation of, a request for your personal information for the purposes of COVID-19 contact tracing or responding to COVID-19 related public health orders or directions. The contact tracing information which may be disclosed includes your full name, contact email and/or contact phone number and by purchasing your ticket, you are providing EWU with your permission to disclose such information for this purpose.
Some of the recipients to whom we disclose personal information may be located overseas, most likely in the India Canada, Philippines and New Zealand although the countries where such recipients are located may vary.
By accepting this Collection Statement, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients.
- how you may access or correct any of your personal information collected by EWU; and
- how you may lodge a complaint with EWU for a breach of any APP or APP code, and how EWU will action such complaint.
If you have any queries, concerns or other questions regarding EWU’s collection of your personal information, please contact our team at: email@example.com
Last updated 15 June 2022
*EWU means “Events With Us” (Core Techno Pty Ltd), ABN 12 639 588 024