Personal Data Policy
We Respect Your Privacy
At EWU (Core Techno Pty Ltd) the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
We may update or revise our Policy from time to time. You can find the most current version on our website (www.eventswithus.au).
What kinds of personal information does EWU (Core Techno Pty Ltd) collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your first name,
- your last name,
- your address,
- your contact details (like your telephone number),
- your email address,
- your date of birth,
- your gender,
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf,
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us or choose to have these stored in your online My Account to make the checkout process faster,
- your My EWU username,
- any preferences that you select, and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
What are the purposes for which EWU may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, EWU only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which EWU collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfil your orders for tickets (or other items) from us
- to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- managing your dealings with us as a EWU member
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with
- to allow our related companies to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners
- so that venue operators and promoters of events for which you purchase tickets sponsors, sporting clubs, authorised ticket onsellers and resellers can use it for operational purposes
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised ticket onselling
- for business research and development of new products and services, including for EWU members and our business clients
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run
- displaying content and advertising (including in relation to tickets and events) that is customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities
- verifying your identity
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling and
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends
- marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
We accept to take due care of all information provided to us while accessing the website www.eventswithus.au. However, EWU does not ensure the security or provide a warranty of any information you provide to us. Any information you convey to us is at your risk entirely although we take all reasonable steps to preserve and safeguard customer information.
Who might EWU disclose my personal information to?
EWU may disclose your personal information:
- to venue operators
- to promoters of events for which you purchase tickets
- to sponsors, sporting clubs authorized ticket onsellers, and resellers
- to other Core Techno Pty Ltd group companies and their contractors
- to third-party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business
- to Government bodies/instrumentalities or the Seller, in response to, or in anticipation of, a request for your personal information for the purposes of COVID-19 contact tracing or responding to COVID-19 related public health orders or directions. The contact tracing information which may be disclosed includes your full name, contact email, and/or contact phone number and by purchasing your ticket, you are providing EWU with your permission to disclose such information for this purpose.
Otherwise, EWU will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
Does EWU disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
Some of the recipients to whom we disclose personal information may be located overseas, most likely in India, Canada, the Philippines, and New Zealand although the countries where such recipients are located may vary.
Complaints and how to contact our Privacy Officer
Our team can be contacted by:
We will always endeavor to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last updated 15 June 2022
*EWU means “Events With Us” (Core Techno Pty Ltd), ABN 12 639 588 024